Check out my weightlifting routine! I take you through it step-by step. Vegans can lift with the best of them. A vegan diet is ideal for building muscle and strength and enchanting your health in general!
Join me for my Wednesday workout! My full routine from this video is written out below!
SAFETY NOTE: If you do not have any training in the Olympic lifts, DO NOT attempt them!!
Make sure to spend some time getting your muscles warmed up. Attempting lifts without properly warming up can lead to injury.
- “Warm up” sets: 3 sets of 2 @ 55lbs, 58lbs, and 60lbs
- “Main” sets (7 sets of 2): 3 sets of 2 @ 63lbs, 4 sets of 2@ 65 lbs
- “Warm up” sets: 3 sets of 2 @ 60lbs, 2 sets of 2 @ 63lbs
- “Main” sets (6 sets of 2): 2 sets of 2 @ 65lbs, 3 sets of 2 @ 66.5, 2 sets of 2 @ 68lbs
To “superset”, you alternate between:
- Deadlift: 4 sets of 5 @ 113lbs
- Seated Rows: 4 sets of 5 @ 90lbs
- Bicep Curls: 4 sets of 5 @ 20lbs (vary style)
Stretching after your workout is just as important as warming up before your workout!
I hope you enjoyed learning my weightlifting routine! I’d love to hear if you’ve given it a go, and what kinds of workouts you do!
— Emily Moran Barwick