I’ve made my own vegan chapstick for quite some time now. Today I share with you how to make your very own in this quick tutorial, with Ooby the bulldog as my most helpful assistant!
I’ve made my own chapstick for quite some time now. Today I share with you how to make your very own in this quick tutorial, with Ooby the bulldog as my most helpful assistant!
It’s really simple and takes only 3 ingredients, though you can choose to add any essential oil(s) for your desired scent.
- 2 Tablespoons candelilla wax (about 1 oz)
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons shea butter
- Optional: any essential oil(s) for scent
- 12 lip balm containers (or more/less, just edit the recipe)
- glass medicinal dropper
- Pot with double boiler OR
- Metal or glass bowl (if no double boiler)
- Get your water boiling then place wax in the top of the double boiler or your makeshift bowl over the boiling water.
- Once was is FULLY melted, add in coconut oil and shea butter and stir now and then until all ingredients are melted.
- (Optional) If desired, add a few drops essential oil if desired. (I personally love the natural smell)
- Using a small medicinal dropper, transfer the liquid into the lip balm containers. Add a few extra drops to the top after filling each container as the ingredients will shrink as they cool.
- Cool completely to harden. Cover with cap and decorate or label as desired!
Let me know if you try this out. I’d love to hear how it turned out for you and if you tried anything new or added some scents!
— Emily Moran Barwick